With 802.11ac Wave 2, the Aironet 1850 Series provides a data rate of up to 1.7 Gbps on the 5-GHz radio, more than triple the rates offered by today’s high-end 802.11n access points. It also enables a total aggregate dual-radio data rate of 2.0 Gbps, providing the necessary foundation for enterprise and service provider networks to stay ahead of the performance and bandwidth expectations and needs of their wireless users.
Due to its convenience, wireless access is increasingly the preferred form of network connectivity for corporate users. Along with this shift, there is an expectation that wireless should not slow down users’ day-to-day work, but should enable a high-performance experience while allowing users to move freely. The 1850 Series delivers industry-leading performance for highly secure and reliable wireless connections and provides a robust mobility experience that includes:
● 802.11ac Wave 2 with 4×4 Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) technology with four spatial streams when operating in single-user MIMO mode and three spatial streams while operating in multiuser MIMO mode, offering 1.7-Gbps rates for more capacity and reliability than competing access points.
● Multiuser MIMO, allowing transmission of data to multiple 802.11ac Wave 2 capable clients simultaneously to improve client experience. Prior to multiuser MIMO, 802.11n and 802.11ac Wave 1 access points could transmit data to only one client at a time, typically referred to as single-user MIMO.
● Transmit beamforming technology to improve downlink performance to mobile devices, including one-, two-, and three-spatial-stream devices on 802.11ac, while improving battery life on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
● Flexible deployment mode through the Cisco Mobility Express Solution is ideal for small to medium-sized deployments that require multiple access points. Easy setup allows the 1850 Series to be deployed on networks without a physical controller.
All of these features help ensures the best possible end-user experience on the wireless network. Cisco also offers the industry’s broadest selection of 802.11n and 802.11ac antennas, delivering optimal coverage for a variety of deployment scenarios.
The Cisco Aironet 1850 Series Access Points also support:
● The Onyx BLE Beacon Solution, which provides a feature that the Aironet access points are missing: built-in Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). The Onyx BLE Beacons work smoothly with indoor location-based services. Used for indoor navigation, proximity marketing, and asset tracking, BLE is a tool that is becoming more and more useful with each passing day. With the Onyx BLE Beacons, customers can add BLE to their networks.